Country: Sweden 🇸🇪
We are pleased to announce a 5-day online workshop in Safety Planning on 23–27 January 2023. The workshop is aimed at social workers, family therapists and other social workers who work with children, young people and their families where there is a high concern for the safety of a child or young person in the home environment. Perhaps the child or young person has been placed outside the home due to the high level of anxiety.
The course covers theory and tools for making safety plans together with parents, children and young people from real life cases that the trainers themselves have worked through.
During the training, the participants will practice working with the various tools in their own own cases and are therefore asked to bring their own cases that they wish to work on.
The workshop’s main content covers:
- Future danger statements, safety goals and safety scales
- Exploring and mapping the strengths and existing safety
- Forming minimum requirements
- Developing a timeline and trajectory
- Getting the voice of the child through Words and Pictures and safety objects
- How we find and involve a safety network
- Creating and following up on safety plans
- Tickets on sale now.
- These whole day workshops will be interactive and therefore places are extremely limited for each session.
- Each participant must register individually and attend using their own computer so they can fully participate in the group and breakout activities.
- This will be an interactive practice workshop. To help facilitate this, we ask all participants to be on audio and video for the session. Please join from a computer with good internet connectivity (to the best of your ability) with a webcam and use a set of headphones with a microphone. Using headphones with a microphone rather than your computer’s built-in speakers and microphone will improve the quality of your audio and help improve everybody’s experience of the workshop.
- Workshops are SEK7950 per person, exclusive of tax.
- Register your interest now by sending an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pernilla Söderberg is a social worker and has worked part-time as a licensed trainer in Signs of Safety since 2014. Pernilla has worked in social services with children and young people for 19 years; of which the first 12 years were in a local authority. For the past 5 years, Pernilla has worked as a family therapist and used the Signs of Safety method and approach in her work, with safety planning and many other ways. Pernilla has gone onto further education including COS, Trappan etc and has a systemic basic education. Pernilla is co-author of the book “Children and young people exposed to violence”.
Diana is an authorised social worker and licensed trainer in Signs of Safety. Diana has worked in social services with the target group of children and young people for 10 years, and for the last 4 years, Diana has worked as a coordinator for safety planning. Diana runs the company Förändra Familjeliv (Change Family Life) and supervises and trains social workers in Signs of Safety and networking.