“Learning organisation” is an organisation continually expanding its capacity to create its future.” — Peter Senge
The organisations that will truly excel in embedding and sustaining Signs of Safety are the organisations that tap into people’s commitment and capacity to learn within all levels of the organisation. We offer a first-of-its-kind exciting, innovative, and enhancing opportunities for leaders across Canada to participate in a guided learning process for an entire year.
How it works
We will facilitate cohorts of 15 participants through 12 sessions in the utility of the disciplines, processes, and methodologies of Signs of Safety. We will also equip leaders with the skills to facilitate, embed and sustain a learning ethos within their respective organisations. The consultants will model, coach, and mentor participants to facilitate end-to-end casework, utilising the Signs of Safety, from risk assessment through to safety planning. Each participant will, in turn, simultaneously lead an end-to-end case process with their respective teams. Everyone will be encouraged to track and speak to their learnings, staff learnings, and organisational implications and document their casework. The 12th session will be a celebratory mini Gathering consisting of casework presentations.
- Introductions and setup
- Intro to learning processes/facilitating learning
- Harm Analysis
- Strengths/Safety/Complicating Factors
- Danger Statements/Safety Goals/Safety Scale/Next Steps
- Safety Planning timelines
- Safety Networks
- Words and Pictures
- Prepping for and leading Safety Planning sessions
- Safety Planning Words and Pictures and utilising collaborative reviews and sustaining Signs of Safety practice
- Reflections/learnings and review
- Mini Gathering
Who should consider participating?
These sessions are designed with leaders in mind from organisations who are contemplating a Signs of Safety implementation and those who have implemented. In both scenarios, organisations will benefit from ‘testing’ their readiness to embed and sustain Signs of Safety within their systems and organisational culture.
- Minimal upfront investment for organisations contemplating a whole system implementation of Signs of Safety
- Enriching organisational knowledge and skill to lead learning
- Explore your implementation of Signs of Safety
- Learn from what you have done well, and of course correct what isn’t working well
- Learn from and with organisations from across our great nation
- Support from the consultants between sessions
All sessions will be two hours long, beginning at 9 a.m.
|13 September 2022||22 March 2023|
|13 October 2022||19 April 2023|
|22 November 2022||24 May 2023|
|15 December 2022||7 June 2023|
|18 January 2023||20 September 2023|
|22 February 2023||18 October 2023|