This 5-day online workshop is intended for seasoned Signs of Safety practitioners and those new to this framework and eager to experience the entire process. The workshop will enhance participants’ skills in using, modelling, and supporting the Signs of Safety risk assessment and Safety Planning processes, disciplines, and methodology. The workshop is designed to enhance skill, grow capacity, and maximise participants’ experiential learning via active cases (participants are encouraged to utilise live points in session). The workshop will be split in two parts: the first two days will focus on Risk Assessment, and the remaining three days will focus on Safety Planning.
The Risk Assessment portion of the workshop will equip participants with a risk-sophisticated approach to assessing risk in a balanced, compassionate manner. Participants will effectively practice using the Harm Analysis Matrix and thoroughly utilise the mitigating factors identified in the middle column (strengths and existing safety) to create robust and balanced danger statements, safety goals and scales (trajectory). Participants will also practice developing immediate and intermediate safety plans.
The workshop’s long-term Safety Planning portion will equip participants with the disciplines and skills to develop and effectively utilise a timeline and practice facilitating network formation, assessment, and sustainability. Using the Safety Planning worksheet to prepare for sessions and to clarify and understand caregiver stressors, triggers, and red flags, participants will learn to facilitate safety planning meetings with caregivers and their network effectively. Create collaborative safety rules, and discuss the challenges, success, and workaround to testing and refining long-term safety plans. Create child-friendly Words and Pictures of safety plans. Lastly, the facilitators will also lead discussions about effective ways to help networks and caregivers sustain the safety plan long after child protection closes the case.
4th & 5th May: Risk Assessment
9.00am – 4.00pm Eastern
21st, 22nd & 23rd June: Safety Planning
9.00am – 4.00pm Eastern
- Tickets on sale now.
- These online workshops will be interactive and therefore places are extremely limited for each session.
- Each participant must register individually and attend using their own computer so they can fully participate in the group and breakout activities.
- This will be an interactive practice workshop. To help facilitate this, we ask all participants to be on audio and video for the session. Please join from a computer with good internet connectivity (to the best of your ability) with a webcam and use a set of headphones with a microphone. Using headphones with a microphone rather than your computer’s built-in speakers and microphone will improve the quality of your audio and help improve everybody’s experience of the workshop.
- Workshops are CAD$1100 per person plus HST.
- Once you have successfully registered, you will be sent all the information you need to participate in the Zoom workshop including Zoom meeting ID and password prior to the workshop commencing. If you haven’t received your email with Zoom details by the day of the workshop, please remember to check your Junk folder for these details or contact Avi Versanov urgently so you don’t miss out!