For parents the process is particularly frustrating because they feel that they don’t know what they need to do to get child protection services out of their lives. In this video and workbook Andrew Turnell takes direct aim at these issues presenting a specific vision and process for creating effective safety plans together with families and naturally occurring support network.
In the Video Andrew Turnell presents:
- The principles of effective safety planning
- The elements of effective safety planning
- Two detailed safety plan examples, the first in a case involving a suicidal mother who has neglected her son and the second relating to a situation of severe domestic violence
- The casework, engagement and questioning skills that create partnership with families and their networks which is the foundation of effective safety planning work.
- Ideas and specific methods to directly involve children in the safety planning
To compliment and deepen the video presentation the accompanying 40-page workbook:
- Provides further stepwise guidance of how to build family owned safety plans in collaboration with all key professionals and family members.
- Draws upon numerous video clips that can be viewed on our website www.signsofsafety.net in which practitioners describe how they have used these safety planning ideas in their practice in a variety of cases.
- Describes additional safety planning vignettes and examples.
- Draws on the words and experience of parents regarding safety-planning work of this sort in high-risk cases.
- All licenses include access to to the video and workbook as digital downloads.
- Before purchasing any of the licenses please read the licensing agreement.
Personal Use — Digital Download
This package contains one digital copy of the video and workbook.
Personal Use — DVD
This package contains one physical DVD & workbook.
Organisational Multi-user License
Organisational Multi-user licenses allow for distribution of the digital video and workbook among agency staff.
- Small Organisation — up 50 staff
Includes 2 DVD & workbooks
- Medium Organisation — between 50 to 250 staff
Includes 4 DVD & workbooks
- Large Organisation — over 250 staff
Includes 10 DVD & workbooks. Additional copies of the DVD are available at $35 per DVD. Extra DVDs at this discounted rate are only available as part of the Large Organisation package. Email us after you order if you require additional DVDs.
- University/College — campus staff
Includes 2 DVD & workbooks.